GEMS Public School believes that each child is unique. This belief allows for a differentiated curriculum based on strengths, interests, pace of learning and clearly defined goals. Empathetic, experienced and passionate educators create learning environments and experiences which are enabling and challenging.
Our educational programs foster independent thinking, a sense of enquiry, creativity and innovation amongst students. Students apply their knowledge to solve real world problems identified from their immediate surroundings. This helps in strengthening their understanding of concepts and their ability to observe, to process information and present learning in multiple ways.
We believe that children learn best when they make connections and observe patterns across different disciplines of learning. Therefore, an interdisciplinary approach to learning is adopted at our school. The educational approach enables individual attention and a completely child centric approach where each student is able to recognise and nurture their true potential. Our balanced curricular plan enables students to excel in their chosen academic disciplines and develop a competitive advantage for admission in desirable institutions of higher learning and academic universities.
GPS Key Features
- Individualized attention – low student-teacher ratio.
- Stimulating learning environment.
- Emphasis on all-round development and co-curricular activities.
- Public Speaking.
- Continuous Professional Development.
- Integration of ICT in the Curriculum.
- Sound Pastoral care.
- Parental Engagement programmes.
The success of educational innovation is for a large part dependent on the examination system the school follows. GPS Guntur is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), one of the two recognised and approved All India Boards of Secondary Education.
The CBSE curriculum encourages the use of integrated and theme-based instruction which weaves together multiple disciplines, both curricular and co-curricular. Application of knowledge and the development of analytical skills form an integral part of the programme
The Council’s Mission
The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations is committed to serving the nation’s children, through high quality educational endeavours, empowering them to contribute towards a humane, just and pluralistic society, promoting introspective living, by creating exciting learning opportunities, with a commitment to excellence.
The Council’s Ethos
- Trust and fair play.
- Minimum monitoring.
- Allowing schools to evolve own niche.
- Catering to the needs of the children.
- Giving freedom to experiment with new ideas and practices.
- Diversity and plurality – the basic strength for evolution of ideas.
- Schools to motivate pupils towards the cultivation of:
- Excellence – The Indian and Global experience.
- Values – Spiritual and cultural – to be the bed rock of the educational experience.
- Schools to have an ‘Indian Ethos’, strong roots in the national psyche and be sensitive to national aspirations.